The most popular cars
- Toyota Vitz
- Mercedes E-class
- Mercedes G-class
- Mercedes S-class
- Nissan Skyline
- Honda Civic
- Toyota Corolla
Port for shipment of vehicles to the U.A.E are Jebel Ali, Abu Dhabi and Sharjah.
Age limitation on imported cars
The manufacturing date of a car should not be more than four years old.
Left Hand-Drive vehicle
Importation of only left-hand drive vehicles is allowed in the U.A.E. Even though one can also import a right-hand drive vehicle, but the vehicle won't get register, hence one cannot use it on the roads of the U.A.E.
Documents Required for importation
- Original Bill of lading:- It should include make, model, chassis number, engine number, color and type of car.
- Export certificates issued by the Traffic Department (Title of ownership) Purchase/Commercial/Proforma Invoice
- Copy of Passport
- U.A.E residence permit or visa page copy (endorsed on passport)
- Authority letter (will be obtained by client upon arrival in Dubai)
- The Name in the Title of ownership of the car should be the same as that mentioned in the visa
- Report on Car Condition from load port
- Certificate of Origin
- Insurance Certificate
Vehicle Registration in U.A.E
- After duty payment is made, importer must register the car and obtain local license plates at the Dubai Police-Traffic Dept.
- A Vehicle Clearance Certificate (V.C.C.) for each vehicle upon clearing customs will be provided by Dubai customs, which should be submitted to the Dubai Traffic Police for the registration.
- A valid U.A.E driver's license must be possessed by drivers. One must possess a valid U.A.E Residence Visa when applying for a driver's license.
- Annual basis vehicle registration is must in the U.A.E.
Taxation in U.A.E.
- Upon arrival, vehicles are subject to inspection/ evaluation by a customs in the U.A.E.
- Tinted window cars are not allowed to be imported and will incur a fine and will require all windows to be replaced.
- Customs duty at present is 5 percent of the value estimated by customs on used motor vehicles.