The most popular cars
- Toyota Vitz
- Isuzu ELF Truck
- Toyota Passo
- Mitsubishi Canter
- Toyota Coaster
- Toyota Voxy
- Subaru Impreza WRX
- Mitsubishi Rosa
- Subaru Outback;
- Nissan Dualis
The most recommended port of importation is Paramaribo.
Right Hand Drive (RHD) vehicles are permitted to enter in Suriname.
- Used cars should not be more than 8 year old.
- Used buses should not be more than 15 years from the date of manufacture.
- No age restriction on importation of used trucks.
Inspection on Vehicles
No specific inspection is required on import of used vehicles.
Documents Required for importation
- Bill of Lading- It must reflect car's maker and model, chassis & engine number, weight, cubic capacity, year of production.
- Original Commercial/Purchase Invoice.
- Certificate of Title and Registration - must be original.
- Circulation Permit.
- Drivers License & International Insurance Policy (green card).
- A copy of passport or ID-card.
- Insurance certificate for motor vehicle.
Taxation in SURINAME
- CIF value less than $25,000, then tax rate of 25%
- CIF value greater than $25,000, then tax rate of 40%
Annual taxes for the vehicle depend upon weight. Delivery of the vehicle from port to residence cost approximately 125.00USD.