The most popular cars
- Toyota Hiace Van
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Mitsubishi Canter
- Isuzu ELF Truck
- Toyota Dyna
- Toyota Mark X
- Toyota Ractis
- Land Rover Range Rover
- Nissan Murano
Maputo is the capital of Mozambique and all the used cars from Japan are imported through Maputo port, however some may consider Durban port in South Africa as well to import vehicles in Mozambique.
No age restriction is there on the vehicles imported in Mozambique.
Right Hand Drive Vehicles
Right-hand drive vehicles are allowed to be imported with the exception to special vehicles like ambulances etc.
Intertek inspection should be applied after buying your desired car from Japan. Also apply for the MOZ number at the Intertek office at Maputo along with the invoice carrying the engine no. of the vehicle.
Documents Required for importation
- Certificate of Title and Registration - must be original
- Commercial/Purchase Invoice - must be original
- Driver's License & International Insurance Policy (green card)
- Certified copy of the passport. Original Bill of Lading showing Chassis Number, Engine number, Cubic Capacity, year of manufacture, brand and model.
Taxation in Mozambique
The custom duty applicable on vehicles based on the engine displacement is as follows:
- Greater than 1500 CC – 40%.
- Engine displacement less than 1500 CC – 25%.
- No custom duty on Mini Buses imported to Mozambique.
- Custom duty on single cabs is 20%.
Note: All the above mentioned percentages are calculated on the CIF value.
This information is only for your reference. For up-to-date information please visit your governmental official source.