The most popular cars
- Toyota Land Cruiser Prado
- Isuzu ELF Truck
- BMW 3 Series
- Toyota Estima
- Honda Odyssey
- BMW X1
- BMW 5 Series
- Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
The common port in Brunei for importation of used vehicles from Japan is Muara.
Right-hand drive vehicles
Importation of right-hand drive vehicles is permitted in the country. Importation of left-hand drive vehicles is allowed, but they should be re-exported upon completion of tour.
Imported used vehicles for private usage must not be more than 3 years old from the original registration date and not more than four years from the year of manufacture. Vehicles for commercial usage must not be more than 60 months from the original registration date and not more than 6 years from the year of manufacture.
All used vehicles imported in the country should undergo pre-delivery inspection in their country of origin.
Documents Required for importation
- Bill of Lading
- Certificate of Origin
- Import licenses
- Approval Permit - required prior to departure from origin port
- Original certificate of Title and Registration
- Original Commercial / Purchase Invoice
Conditions To Import Used Cars
- Must first get an approval of Land Transport Department prior to import used cars.
- Used car can only be imported by companies licensed under MISCELLANEOUS LICENSES ACT (Cap 127) for trading in the country.
- Importation of used car on the name of private will not be allowed except the applicant is qualified under General Exemption of Section B, Custom Import Duty Order 1973 or any special permit.
- Imported Used Car that are allowed under private name cannot be transfer ownership within a period of 4 years. Ownership must first get approval from the Controller of Customs.
- Value of used car for the purpose of import duty will be subject to customs evaluation.
- Used cars imported by authorized Company MUST not be more than 3 years of age from the date of its first registration and of right hand drive
Used cars imported under private name for applicant in para (iii) above MUST not be more than 5 years of age from the date of its first registration and of right hand drive.
This information is only for your reference. For up-to-date information please visit your governmental official source.